Color Your World With Crayon Lipstick
Posted On Feb 09, 2016
Are you bored of the same old lipstick colors? Well, you are in luck because with a few household items you can make your own lipstick and the colors are endless! Take that, Kylie!
- Select your lipstick container.
Some possible options include: a contact lens case, an empty lipstick or chap stick tube, an empty eye shadow or blush container, or a pill box.
- Choose your crayon or crayons and remove the paper wrapping.
If it isn’t coming off easy you can run it under warm water for a few minutes and then peel it off. Dispose of the crayon parts that were not covered by paper, because they could be tainted with germs, bacteria or other crayon color particles. Then break the crayon into 3-4 equal parts.
To the Stove:
- Fill a pot with 1-2 inches of water. Place a metal or heat-safe glass bowl into the center of the pot. Once the water is boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Put the crayon pieces into the bowl. You can use one color or combine different colors to create different shades. Stir the crayon pieces with a fork, spoon or toothpick.
- Add the coconut oil into the bowl. For a sheer lipstick use ½ teaspoon of oil; for a more intense color, use ¼ teaspoon.
- Continue stirring the ingredients until everything is completely melted.
- Empty your concoction into the container from step 1.
- Allow it to cool. Room temperature, refrigerator or freezer, whichever you choose.
- Add cosmetic glitter for some sparkle power
- Add castor oil for some extra shine
- You can also add extracts and essences to add flavor and scent
Crayons are made from paraffin wax that is harmless and non-toxic. But since Crayola had not intended for their products to be used for makeup purposes, they have not been tested on skin. Although this at-home recipe has been tried and true, we still advise doing this at your own risk.
Photo Credit: Shutterstock