Badgley Mischka 2015 NY Fashion Week: The Vintage Look
Posted On Feb 19, 2015
Hair Design by Peter Gray for Moroccanoil
Photographer: David Webber for Moroccanoil
Collection Inspiration: The ornate, gilded textures and colors of 1940’s glamour and the sultriness of Rita Hayworth.
Hair: Inspired by the collection concept but with a modern twist, Peter Gray for Moroccanoil created the sexy “walk of shame” (or as he said, “Stride of Pride”) hairstyle – a loose, textured twist with a sexy edge. To complement the collection, the style is finished with a gilded rose.
GET THE LOOK:
- Starting with clean hair, lightly mist hair with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray to create strong, shiny foundation
- Rough dry hair with fingertips to create loose, piece-y texture
- With large, 1 ½” barrel curling iron, curl 2” sections of hair in opposite directions. Spritz Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray to create soft definition and strong hold
- Apply NEW Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo directly to roots to create the gritty, lived-in, “walk of shame” texture. Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo is specially formulated to meet hair’s tonality needs – the Light Tones for blondes and Dark Tones for brunettes will completely texturize and mattify the hair
- Starting at the crown, backcomb hair in 1 ½” sections, moving from crown towards front of hair. **stylist tip: to ensure even crown height, count number of brush strokes and gradually increase strokes as you work towards the top of head
- Once crown is teased, pull sections from ear to temple on both sides and twist towards back. At back of head, secure twists with bobby pins in “x” shape and mist Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray to ensure long-lasting hold
- Finish by putting the ornate metallic rose into the twist and mist a generous amount of Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray to create a shiny, runway-ready style.