For Beauty and Brains, Eat Walnuts
Posted On May 24, 2016
Did you know Walnuts help reduce the risk of diabetes, prostate cancer, and lung cancer? What about heart disease? Studies have shown that this magical snack helps reduce bad cholesterol, improves the quality of sperm, protect against lung cancer, and makes you less likely to develop diabetes with a consumption of 56 grams a week!
That’s not all they do! Walnuts make you beautiful, inside and out! They contain powerful ingredients that give us glowy skin, long hair, and possibly a hot summer bod.
Get that summer glow with these walnut ingredients:
- Omega-3 fatty acids – help lock-in moisture and nutrients in the skin
- Healthy fats – protects skin against harmful UV rays
- Vitamin E – antioxidant that makes the skin smooth, glowing, and accelerates healing.
Look like Rapunzel in no time! Walnuts contain biotin and here’s what it does for your hair:
- Strengthens hair
- Reduces hair fallout
- Improves hair growth
Including walnuts in your diet will get you ready to rock that bathing suit you’ve been waiting for all year. One ounce of walnuts contains:
- 5g of omega-3 fatty acids
- 4 grams of protein
- 2g of fiber
A woman with beauty AND brains is always more attractive. Walnuts are considered brain food because they contain the following:
- High levels of B-vitamin folate, which improves neural health and reduces the risk of cognitive diseases
- Omega-3 fatty acids that helps boost memory and cognitive functions
Toss them in any of your meals whether it’s your breakfast cereals, salads, full course meals, or desserts for minimum, daily consumption. Who wouldn’t want to eat something that’s delicious and makes us healthy and beautiful at the same time, right?
Photo credit: Shutterstock