Posted On Feb 04, 2014
New You Beauty Tip: Add a highlighter pencil to your makeup routine to look instantly younger.
It’s common for a woman to have an unwavering daily makeup routine. She may start with a little foundation, add mascara, and finish with lip-gloss before darting out the door. It is less common for a woman to think ‘I must apply a highlighter’ first. But the experts at Birchbox suggest that incorporating a highlighter pencil will take your look to the next level. Here are five ways to add a boost of youth:
- Perk up your eyes: Use a highlighter pencil to line the inner rim of your lower lid.
- Prime your lids: Color in your eyelid with a highlighter pencil before putting on shadow for fade proof color all day.
- Accentuate your arches: Line and blend underneath your brow line to highlight the natural shape of your eyebrows and give them a lift.
- Look alive: Use a highlighter pencil to line the inside corners of your eyes to give you a fresh, wide-awake look.
- Get fuller lips: Dab the highlighter just above your cupid’s bow for instantly fuller-looking lips.