How to do the Purrfect Cat Eye
Posted On Jan 12, 2016
According to research by Max Factor, one-third of women said eyeliner is their number one makeup struggle. Well, struggle no more. New You is here to solve your makeup blues.
The first rule of the fierce cat eye is a liquid liner pen. Trying this technique with a pencil will be very frustrating and discouraging for you on your path to eyeliner freedom.
Now comes the technique:
- Start at the inner corner of your eye and apply a thin line directly along the lash line
- When you get to the outer corner of your eye, draw a straight line from your lash line up, until you get to the wing size that you want
- Pro Tip: You can always start small and add on to it later
- Then start filling in the liner from the tip of the wing to the lash line to fill in the triangle space between the two.
- After this, you can make the wing thicker or longer by just going over it the same way
- Pro Tip: a major problem that I run into when doing the cat eye is the same angle/length of the left and right wing. So instead of doing one eye at a time. I go back and forth between both, so I can compare them and adjust before the whole process is done
Here is a tutorial on how to SLAY your winged liner.
Check out some of your favorite celebs for inspo:
Kitty Purry is the cat eye queen.
Adele is also known for her rocking the cat eye.
Everyone’s favorite Laguna girl, Lauren Conrad is a frequent to this trend.
And last but not least, VS model, Gigi Hadid.
May your Tuesday be short and your eyeliner game be strong.