How To Get Gigi Hadid’s Makeup Look from MTV Movie Awards
Posted On Apr 10, 2016
Last night, Gigi Hadid stunned on the red carpet at the 2016 MTV Movie Awards. The Maybelline spokesperson dazzled in a mix of shimmering yellow smoky eyes and warm glowing skin created by Sarah Tanno for Maybelline New York.
“We wanted to create a nod to Donatella Versace’s signature black-rimmed eye but with a twist of neon yellow that made it punkier,” Tanno explains. By combining the unexpected flash of color with velvety skin, tawny cheeks, and demi-matte nude lips, Tanno created a sophisticated but cool look for the blonde beauty.
Read below to get Gigi’s look straight from the red carpet!
- Face: To give the skin a soft semi-matte finish, Tanno applied Dream Velvet Foundation all over, then added Fit Me! Concealer in a shade slightly lighter than Gigi’s skin tone down the center of the nose and under the eyes to brighten. A light dusting of FaceStudio Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Powder in Translucent set it all in place.
- Blush and contour: Gigi’s stunning bone structure came into focus thanks to the bronze shade in the FaceStudio Master Contour Face Contouring Pro Palette in Deep to Medium in the hollows of the cheeks and temples. Then Tanno captured an ultra-warm flush by applying the blush to the apples and added a wash of the highlighting shade along the high point of the cheekbones.
- Brows: For definition, arches were traced with Eye Studio Brow Pomade Crayon in Blonde before Eye Studio Brow Drama Mascara in Blonde was brushed over the top to lock hairs in place.
- Eyes: Eye Studio Color Tattoo Concentrated Crayon in Barely Beige was first swiped all over the eyelids as a base and Eye Studio Lasting Drama Waterproof Gel Pencil in Soft Nude was drawn along the waterline for a wide-awake look. To add a smoldering element, the outer half of the top and bottom lash lines were edged with Eyestudio Color Tattoo Concentrated Crayon in Charcoal Chrome and the matte black shade The Rock Nudes Palette was blended into the creases to create dimension. Then for a fun shock of color, neon yellow pigment was brushed on the upper lids and in the inner corners.
- Lashes: Two coats of Lash Sensational Luscious Mascara in Blackest Black made for extra-long lashes—and major drama.
- Lips: “Gigi loves a nude lip and I wanted it to last all night,” Tanno says. Her strategy: She lined and filled in the mouth with Color Sensational Lip Liner in Nude before adding layers of Color Sensational Vivid Matte Liquid in Nude Thrill and Color Sensational The Buffs Lipstick in Bare All.
Gigi looked flawless! At the end of the night, Gigi and bestie Kendall Jenner hit up The Nice Guy restaurant and lounge.
Photo: Splash News