How To Get Kendall Jenner’s VS Fashion Show Curls
Posted On Nov 13, 2015
It’s the year of the curl. So much so that Victoria Secret chose a glamorous yet relaxed beach wave to be the official hairstyle of the 2015 VS Fashion Show. Celebrity hairstylist, Sarah Potempa and official Victoria Secret hair partner, Beachwaver Co. gives New You the secrets on how to achieve these luscious locks.
Watch this behind the scenes video of Sarah Potempa styling Kendall Jenner’s beach waves at the Victoria Secret Fashion Show. Kendall says, “She’s killing my hair, not literally but actually making it look bomb” while Sarah Potempa uses the Beachwaver® S1 to create the ultimate VS model look.
Follow these steps to achieve the runway show look:
- Prep with mega lift volumizing mousse and blow dry in an upward motion with the Beachwaver Co. Pro Dryer.
- Tip: Loosely blow dry hair to create natural volume with a natural part. Bring all hair forward and separate into the left and right sides
- Start by sectioning hair from the bottom using the Beachwaver Co. Darby Clip.
- Using the Beachwaver® S1, clamp near the ends of your hair, leaving about 1” out at the ends. Press the arrow away from your face. Continue to curl up in large 2” sections as you move your way up. Then repeat on the other side.
- Spray a flexible hairspray on the Beachwaver Co. On Set Styling Brush and brush out all the waves.
- Finish by smoothing the ends with a lightweight shine serum.
- Tip: If you have curly or frizzy hair, use the Beachwaver Co. Mini Touch Up Iron
After the show was filmed, it was on to the after party. Did you see Kendall’s top knot look? It was #HairGoals for sure, and here is how to achieve that look.
- Start by using the Beachwaver S1, layer by layer. Leave out about two inches of the ends and curl away from the face.
- Add a texture spray to the roots and to the top to give the look a lot of volume.
- Use the Beachwaver Co. Mini On Set Styling Brush to tease roots and add additional volume.
- Pull the top section of your hair up with a clear elastic at the top of the head. Twist the bun to add texture.
- Back brush hair at the roots with the styling brush
- Finish by pulling out the beach waves to the side.
The world is your runway now that you can achieve these flawless Victoria Secret inspired curls.