My New Favorite Mud Mask
Posted On Jun 20, 2016
Every Sunday, like clockwork, I get my workout in, juice up a nice green smoothie, deep condition my hair, and throw on a nice, calming face mask. It’s a routine that I’ve tried to stick to lately as a firm attempt to focus on some “me” time. So, it’s always a delight when I come across a new product that adds a benefit to my self-care efforts. I’m always on a hunt for the latest beauty product that can make me younger, healthier, smoother, and shinier – not to mention, keeps my bank account intact.
So, there I am, perusing the beauty aisle at Walgreens and I come across this Dead Sea Mud Pac by 7th Heaven, and it only costs $1.99. So I grab it. Well… I grab a few.
I snagged Argon Oil Mud, Creamy Coconut Mud and Blemish Mud; I rejoice over my money saving abilities and dash home to try one out.
Dead Sea skin care has always intrigued me with its famed nutrient packed minerals that supposedly do wonders for your skin.
The natural resources found in the Dead Sea include magnesium, calcium, and potassium and are said to:
- cleanse your pores
- moisturize your skin
- draw out any impurities and dirt
I did some more digging and found additional Dead Sea benefits that include the minerals’ ability to improve hydration by strengthening the barrier function of the skin and has proven to relieve skin ailments such as acne, eczema, and psoriasis.
“What’s more, of the 26 essential minerals found in the Dead Sea, 12 do not exist in any other ocean or sea in the world,” according to the 7th Heaven website.
Without further ado, I launch into spa mode, place on my fuzzy slippers, and apply the blue mud.
Here’s my review:
- I LOVE IT!
- Upon application, it is refreshing, cool and smells AMAZING (those are all the essential oils and minerals, which I live and breath!)
- The mask dries pretty quickly; I left it on for the recommended time – about 15 minutes – and it’s easy to take off with a washcloth and warm water.
- Also, there is more than enough in each pack, so I covered my neck as well.
- Afterward, my skin was not only super smooth but BRIGHT. I actually had a brighter completion after ONE try.
The website suggests, “Used weekly, mud masks optimize your daily cleansing routine to keep skin super clean and less prone to blemishes and uneven skin tone.”
Honorable mention: The packaging is awesome!
- The company emphasizes its cruelty-free practices (which is very important to me as a consumer) and states on the back of the pack: “We’re vegetarian and animals are our friends, that’s why we don’t bash bunnies or add bits of animals.” Bravo, 7th Heaven!
- They also spell out the ingredients so if there is something that I don’t recognize or understand, they explain it i.e. Glycerin (Plant origin), Maris sal (Dead Sea Salt), etc.
- They even color code the ingredients! Green is for “Natural” and Brown is for “Safe Man Made.”
The 7th Heaven products are my new go-to face mask, without question. They are inexpensive, relaxing, and effective; all the main ingredients to my back-to-beauty weekend retreat.