No More Heat Damage. Thanks To Dyson’s Supersonic Hair Dryer!
Posted On Apr 28, 2016
$71 million spent on development and four years later, James Dyson gives us the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer! I know…very different from his innovative vacuum cleaners, fans, and air purifiers.
Beauty enthusiasts, such as myself, are always excited to get the scoop on the latest technologies and beauty bloggers are always trying to get their hands on the newest, inventive contraptions in this category. Well… I know someone who already has.
Jen Atkin, celebrity stylist for Kim Kardashian, Jennifer Lopez, and many more, is the official US brand ambassador for the Supersonic Hair Dryer. Her work has been showcased on models of the hottest designers, such as Alexander Wang and Louis Vuitton, and on publications such as W mag and Vogue, just to name a few. Here’s what she thinks:
“If you know anything about me, you know I’m a lover of innovation and new technology, and the Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer is just that. The motor is much smaller, but still very powerful, so I can dry hair quickly and it feels light in my hand. Plus the aesthetic is so gorgeous.”
Dyson wanted to solve problems, such as hair heat damage, which is what a lot of us suffer from trying to look like the Kardashian/Jenner clan. After all of the rigorous research and millions of dollars spent on 103 engineers, 600 prototypes, and 1,010 miles of tested human hair, Dyson is proud to expose their first hair dryer in Tokyo today. Here are the features:
- Intelligent heat control – It does not go above selected temperature and protects natural shine.
- Air Multiplier – It creates high pressure and control for precise drying and styling.
- Four heat settings, three airflow settings, and a cold shot
- Three magnetic attachments that are easy to remove and adjust, and remain cool.
- Styling concentrator – Blade of air perfect for styling.
- Smoothing nozzle – Allows you to dry and style at the same time.
- Diffuser – Simulates natural drying, helping to reduce frizz and improve definition.
- Small, light, and powerful digital motor – Made for balance.
- Reduced turbulence and sound.
The timing of this release couldn’t have been better. Today’s biggest influencers have been convincing us that our hair is beautiful. We’ve been following them to see how we can keep it healthy and learn how to cherish it no matter what hair pattern we were born with. I would love to try it out on my natural curly hair. It will be available exclusively at Sephora, Sephora.com, and Dyson.com starting September 2016.