Posted On Dec 03, 2013
New You Beauty Tip: Don’t underestimate the power of petroleum jelly.
You may think petroleum jelly only has a few basic uses. Commonly, it is used to treat chapped lips, cracked heels and minor scratches; however, there is a plethora of ways to use something as simple as petroleum jelly. Check out some of the cheapest beauty fixes in the industry:
- If you desire long lashes, apply a small amount of petroleum jelly directly on the hair line at night; being careful to avoid getting any in your eyes and watch them grow.
- Transform boring eye shadows and blushes into cream colors by mixing with petroleum jelly.
- For supple, kiss-ready lips; substitute lip balm for petroleum jelly. You can also create your own lip-gloss by mixing your favorite lipstick with petroleum jelly.
- Mix petroleum jelly with water to create an instant hair serum; comb through the ends of dry, frizzy hair.
- Lipstick lover? Keep your teeth white by applying petroleum jelly to your front teeth preventing color transfer.
- Use petroleum jelly as a simple, gentle eye makeup remover.
- Before spraying perfume, apply petroleum jelly to your skin in the spray zones for long lasting fragrance.
- To rid your eyelashes of mascara clumps: Apply a thin layer of petroleum jelly to an old mascara brush and comb through your lashes after applying fresh mascara.