Shop Your Swimsuit Shape
Posted On May 01, 2016
Summer is almost here which means it’s time for swimsuit shopping! Many women dread this activity since we all know it can be difficult to find the right swimsuit to fit and flatter your particular body type.
Everyone has areas they want to emphasize and a few they want to conceal but picking the right suit can be a daunting, not to mention, exhausting process. To make your shopping excursion a little less painless, here’s a guide to buying the best suit for your shape.
If you have an hourglass figure:
- Try a top with underwire for extra support. Halter-style tops are great for those with bigger busts, as are tops that are sized according to your cup size instead of S, M, or L. Avoid string or bandeau styles since they won’t provide enough support or coverage.
- High-waisted bikini bottoms can be very flattering to hourglass figures since they de-emphasize the hips and call attention to the waist. Alternatively, low-rise or hipster style bottoms are also great for showing off a flat stomach.
If you are petite:
- Go for tops that give the illusion of a larger chest. Triangle or bandeau tops with ruffles or embellishments are great as are those with a little padding.
- String bottoms will allow you to cinch the waist for a perfect fit. Choose swimsuits with patterns or prints over solids.
If you have an athletic body:
- Play up your curves with string or bandeau tops. Monokinis or one-pieces with side cutouts are also excellent picks for showing off a toned body.
- Skimpier cuts and tapered bottoms will give you additional curves and draw focus to your legs.
If you are pear-shaped:
- Choose eye-catching styles up top like halters, plunging necklines, or bralettes.
- Balance out your lower curves with boy shorts, briefs, or hipsters. Stay away from patterns on bottom and select darker colors while wearing brighter colors up top.
A little planning can take the stress out of swimsuit shopping and make it once again an enjoyable and satisfying experience.