Eva Longoria’s Acts of Kindness in India
Posted On Dec 17, 2015
We all love when celebrities spread the love! One of our favorite do-gooders, Eva Longoria shows off her caring side as she visits children in India.
The newly engaged Longoria spent time with the kids at Harmony House, a day-shelter for street children in Gurgaon. The independent NGO provides free education, food, clothing, medical care and vocational training for nearly 500 children in the city, about 30km south of New Delhi.
Eva, 40, who announced her engagement to businessman Jose (Pepe) Antonio Baston earlier this month, was given a traditional Indian welcome, getting a garland and vermillion mark on her forehead as she visited earlier this week.
Longoria gushes: “I am so humbled to have visited Harmony House. Lucy’s vision is truly changing the trajectory of so many children’s lives, most of whom live in nearby slums and desperately require the education, food, medication and social services that Harmony House offers.”
During her time at Harmony House, Eva spent time talking to the children, enjoying special performances and teaching English.
Eva also visited one of the homes in the slums of a young girl who attends Harmony House to learn more about her living conditions and daily struggles.
“Eva is a wonderful person who is really down to earth,” said co-founder Gaurav Sinha.
Longoria topped off her trip with a little fun, lookin’ like a typical tourist at the Taj Mahal…
A Few Facts About Harmony House
- Harmony House was established by husband and wife, Lucy Bruce and Gaurav Sinha in 2009.
- Gaurav Sinha ranked 47th among the 100 most powerful Indians in GCC.
- Lucy Bruce, walked away as the proud winner of the prestigious Emirates Woman of the Year award, in the Humanitarian category.
- Harmony House’s main objective is to place children who reach 18 years of age in local colleges, work placements and to have a brighter future
- To learn more about this amazing venture, please visit harmonyhouseindia.org and head to their FB page!
Cover Photo Credit: Splash/HarmonyHouseIndia.org
Eva LongoriaEva Longoria fianceEva Longoria visits IndiaHarmony HouseIndiaJose Antonio BastonTaj Mahal