JERRY HALL AND RUPERT MURDOCH ENGAGED
Posted On Jan 12, 2016
Media mogul Rupert Murdoch (84) and actress-model Jerry Hall (59) announced their engagement in the births, marriages and deaths section of the Times newspaper (owned by Murdoch) this morning. This will be Murdoch’s fourth marriage and Hall’s first marriage – she lived with Sir Mick Jagger for many years but was never formally married to the singer. The couple became engaged over the weekend in Los Angeles while attending the Golden Globes ceremony. The Times reports that they were introduced to each other by one of Murdoch’s sister and niece and were first spotted together in public in October 2015 at the World Cup Final in London between Australia and New Zealand.
- As executive chairman of News Corp, the Murdoch family control 120 newspapers in five countries and also own book publisher Harper Collins
- Rupert Murdoch and his family own a large cable TV network, including the Fox channel in the US.
- According to Forbes in 2015, the Murdoch family has a net worth of $11.2 billion.
- First marriage to Patricia Booker, a flight attendant from Melborne, Australia in 1956 – one child Prudence – divorced 1967. Second marriage to Glasgow-born journalist Anna Torv lasted 32 years up to 1999 – three children, Elisabeth, Lachlen and James. Third marriage to Chinese-born businesswomen – two children Grace and Chloe – divorced 2013 after 14 years together.
- Texas born model who began to appear on dozen magazine covers during the 70s. Face of Yves Saint Laurent Opium perfume and Revlon cosmetics. She has also appeared in several television, film and stage roles.
- First became engaged to Roxy Music star, Bryan Ferry but left him for Rolling Stones frontman Sir Mick Jagger. The couple has four children – Elizabeth, Georgia, Gabriel, and James. They split in 1999.
- Estimated wealth $15m.