4 Celebrity Stylist-Approved Halloween Hairstyles to Try This Year
Posted On Oct 05, 2021
Now that it’s officially October, it’s time to experiment with some festival hairstyles that are going to bring your costume to life. From classic throw backs to current trending styles with a twist, we rounded up our favorite 4 hairstyles that will ensure your locks are the mane attraction.
BABY SPICE These playful pigtails will instantly Spice Up Your Halloween look. To achieve the style, color and wig expert Daved Anthony Munoz used UNITE’s dry, translucent finishing TEXTURIZA Spray to add volume, texture and fullness. Next, apply the coconut-infused SMOOTH&SHINE Styling Cream to smooth dry and damaged ends and add high shine that will last all night. Don’t forget to add some cute Pom Poms to your pigtails to complete the look!
MERMAID BRAID There’s no denying braided ponytails are all the rage right now. Just ask Megan Fox, Kim Kardashian or Ashanti who have dominated recent red carpets with their lengthy locks. Celebrity hairstylist Hayley Heckmann is sharing her pro tips on how to dress up the trending hairstyle to achieve a mermaid-inspired look this Halloween.
To style, pull your hair up into a high ponytail and spray MAXCONTROL Spray throughout. This strong-hold, brushable and flake-free formula is ideal for creating a snatched up-do that needs more hold. Next, rub CONUNDRUM Paste into the palms of your hands and start to braid. “This will make sure any frizz and flyaways are tucked away!” says Hayley. Add in your favorite hair extensions for extra length and decorate with beachy accessories to complete the look.
MODERN CLEOPATRA Micro braids have been one of the most popular hair trends of the year, so when we saw celebrity hairstylist Clayton Hawkins put a Halloween twist on the style, we instantly fell in love.
To get the look, use a wand or flat iron to create effortless waves and section off two small pieces in the front for your braids. Prep each section with Le:Play Hairspray to tame frizz and flyaways, and braid from root to ends, adding in gold twine or tinsel to elevate the look. Finish off the look with the paraben-free and vegan 7SECONDS Glossing Spray all over for long-lasting shine.
CLASSIC 60’s BOUFFANT This year has been all about embracing styles from the decades, so it’s no surprise we will be recreating Addison Rae’s high-volume, bouffant this Halloween. Keep reading to learn how celebrity hairstylist, Danielle Priano created the Brigitte Bardot-inspired hair do.
- “I started by prepping the hair with UNITE’s BOOSTA Volumizing Spray at the root, to add more structure and volume to the base. On the ends I applied the 7SECONDS BlowOut Crème for control and memory throughout all the hair.”
- “Blow dry the hair with a natural bristle brush with the classic blowout in mind. After each section is dry, put your velcro rollers in to cool.”
- “Once all the hair cooled, I took the rollers out and back combed at each section using a spray of LIQUID Volume to set the base.”
- “Make sure to marry the sections as you back comb, must grab the previous section and add in the new section, back comb until you get the achieved volume.”
- “Brush Brush Brush, Tease, Tease, Tease!!! The style now is super moldable and you can do anything with it.”
- “I started with a classic side part, smoothed with a flat iron to polish a clean sleek fringe clipped at the side, secured with Le:Play Hairspray, and added a headband!”