Celebs Team Up With California Almonds for Fit Tips
Posted On Nov 11, 2015
Model and actress Molly Sims, and celebrity trainer Harley Pasternak, have teamed up with California Almonds to provide fitness, nutrition and lifestyle tips. Molly comments, “Since I’m always on the go, it can be easy to get off track and lose motivation when feeling short on time, like during the holiday season. I always try to fit in quick workouts I can do at home with my kids, and keep smart snacks like almonds in my purse to tide me over until mealtime.”
- Keep It Healthy At Home: Don’t buy junk! Just don’t do it. This is probably the simplest and easiest tip out there. If you have it in the house, you are more apt to eat it. When you stock your pantry with healthy snacks and fresh foods, you have no other choice. Plus it helps to promote healthier habits for the rest of your family, too!
- Prepare In Advance: I like to make this my Sunday activity. Prepare meals and go-to snacks in advance so you don’t leave anything up to chance.
- Be Your Own Portion Control Police: Have the correct portion of foods and snacks pre-packed in baggies. They are easy to grab on the go and will keep you from overindulging. My absolute favorite snack to throw in my purse is almonds. I’ve seriously kept a bag of them in every bag I’ve owned as well as my car’s cup holders. Snacking on these nutrient-packed nuts help keep me from skipping meals or from…rolling up to the drive-through last minute!
- Graze, Don’t Gorge: Instead of eating huge meals, just snack on healthy foods all day long. It’s a great way to stay satisfied, get your five servings of fruit and veggies, and not binge on the bad stuff.
- Make Skinny Swaps: It’s all about snacking smart. When you are snacking, it’s easy to lose track of the calories you are consuming (especially if they come in bite-size form.) One of my favorite swaps is eating almonds instead of any chips and crackers that are within reach.
Click here to read more of these great tips.
Photo Credit: Almond Board of California