Deliciously Insane Vegan Milkshake Recipes
Posted On Jun 28, 2016
For the sake of your waistline, it may be time to indulge in a few delectable vegan milkshake treats especially when you’re craving a big bowl of Blue Bell. If you are ready to take your smoothie game to the next level with top-of-the-line savory ingredients, then feast your eyes on these insanely delicious, healthy vegan milkshake recipes.
Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Banana Shake: If you can’t have dairy, no fear because the chocolate, peanut butter, and banana shake utilizes unsweetened almond milk to receive the same creamy effect. Your taste buds will thank you for this amazingly savory combo.
- 1 large ripe banana (200 g), previously peeled, sliced, and frozen
- 2 Tbsp. (32 g) salted natural peanut butter (if unsalted, add a pinch of salt)
- 1-2 dates, pitted (if not sticky and moist, soak in hot water for 10 minutes, then drain)
- 1 Tbsp. (5 g) cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups (240 – 360 ml) Almond Milk
- Optional: 1/2 cup ice
- 1 Tbsp. cacao nibs for “chocolate chip” effect (blend in or use as a topping)
- 1 Tbsp. flax or hemp seeds for added nutrition
- Dairy-free chocolate sauce (for drizzling inside glass)
- Coconut whipped cream for topping
It gets better! According to the Minimalist Baker, it only takes five minutes to make.
Peaches N’ Cream Milkshake: To whip up this dreamy sensation, all you need are frozen peaches and coconut whipped cream that you can DIY. If you are unable to land your hands on a couple of fresh peaches, don’t worry! Just buy them frozen to enjoy year-round!
- 1 cup of soy, almond, or coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- 2 dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 can organic whole fat coconut milk
- 2-3 tablespoons pure maple or agave syrup (depending on how sweet you like it!)
- Drop of pure vanilla extract
Chocolate Espresso Shake:
Chocolate lovers this is for you! The secret ingredient behind this rich flavored milkshake is the chocolate almond milk. That’s not all; this delightful combo would not be complete without adding frozen bananas, dates, vanilla, and espresso powder. For the inner 8-year-old in you, top it off with some rainbow sprinkles. Sprinkles make everything better, wouldn’t you agree?
- 1 1/2 cups Chocolate Almond Milk
- 2 1/2 frozen bananas, broken into chunks
- 4 dates, pitted and soaked in hot water for 15 minutes.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder (optional)
- Dairy-free whipped cream and sprinkles for toppings (optional)
As a bonus, this chocolaty fairytale can be made in under a minute which is essential for busy bees who are constantly on the move.
Although these are just a couple of our fave delicacies that can be whipped up in no time, hopefully, your vegan milkshake fix has been satisfied. If you have a mouthwatering concoction you just can’t resist adding to the list, the more the merrier so let us know. After all, sharing is caring.