Holiday Travel Survival Kit
Posted On Dec 23, 2013
New You Health Tip: Pack these supplements to help you through holiday travel.
Over-indulging in food. Delayed flights. Stress. Holiday travel is not always the easiest. Packing yourself a few key supplements should help you avoid the downsides of holiday travel.
- Saffron Extract. Research has proven that saffron extract helps you snack less while keeping you full longer. This is the perfect natural remedy to keep you from over-indulging during the holidays.
- L- Theanine. Holiday travels usually means sleeping in a new destination – a hotel, a family or friends. This extract from green tea will calm the body and mind, allowing you to get a better sleep away from home.
- Melatonin. Once you arrive at your travel destination, take a dose of melatonin to help ease the symptoms of jet lag.
- Siberian Ginseng. This natural remedy will help you to cope with any stress that you face during the holidays. The root of this plant will also give your body a lasting energy boost to help you through the day.
- N-acetyl cysteine (NAC). During the holidays –you may indulge in a few alcoholic beverages. To avoid getting hangovers and to restore antioxidants depleted from alcohol consumption, take a dose of NAC before attending holiday gatherings.