Morning Hack: Quick and Nutritious Breakfast Ideas
Posted On Feb 24, 2021
The next time you rush out your door and skip breakfast, you may want to pull a U-turn and hasten back to your kitchen. Eating a wholesome breakfast is one of the best things you can do for your body.
In fact, according to eatingwell.com, regular breakfast eaters tend to be leaner and are more successful at losing weight and keeping it off. Past the aesthetics, a good breakfast fuels you up and gets you ready for the day.
A nourishing breakfast should consist of whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and a lean protein such as eggs; this will help maintain blood sugar levels and prevent binge eating.
But, if you are anything like me and barely have enough time to even open your eyes in the morning, then here is a list of quick and nutritious breakfast ideas to accommodate busy schedules:
- Plan ‘on-the-go’ breakfast the night before. Cut up vegetables so that you can just toss into an omelet the next morning.
- Make some thick oatmeal that will fit in a mug and top off with nuts, seeds, or dried fruit.
- Add fruit to your whole grain cereal and top with almond milk.
- Boil a week’s worth of eggs and enjoy them throughout the week.
- Plain Greek nonfat yogurt is a great source of protein and calcium; add some fruit to give it flavor and an added dose of nutrition
- Bonus: Foods prep and cut up vegetables and fruits to bag and take to the office to snack on throughout the day.
As my mom always says, eat breakfast like a queen, lunch like a princess, and dinner like a college student.
breakfastbusyGood MorningHealthhealthyMorning Hack: Quick and Nutritious Breakfast IdeasNourishingNutritious