Squeeze the Day
Posted On Apr 25, 2018
Summer is right around the corner and so are the scorching hot temperatures. As we try to beat the heat, we want to get our hands on anything that will refresh us and nothing beats the classic taste of a lemonade. Rather than preparing a traditional lemonade with extra sugar, try these healthier and alternative versions of the iconic homemade summer drink.
All Natural Pineapple Lemonade
Prep Time: 3 min. Servings: 4
- 20 oz cold pressed pineapple juice
- 2 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice of 2 large lemons
- 10 oz water
- Stir all ingredients together and store in the refrigerator.
- Stir again just prior to serving.
Prep Time: 5 min. Servings: 2
- 4 cups watermelon, cubed
- 1 tbs. freshly squeezed lemon juice (more to taste)
- 6 mint leaves
- Put watermelon and lemon juice in a blender. Blend on medium speed until watermelon is completely broken down into a thin slush. Taste, and if it’s too sweet, add more lemon juice 1 teaspoon at a time.
- To serve, gently muddle 3 mint leaves in the bottom of two glasses, then pour watermelon lemonade over it.
10 Minute Skinny Lemonade
Prep Time: 10 min. Servings: 5 cups
- 1 cup (240mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 6-7 medium lemons)
- 4 cups (960mL) cold water
- 1 tbsp (12g) powdered stevia
- Add all of the ingredients to a pitcher or large bowl, and stir until the stevia has completely dissolved. Serve immediately over ice, or cover and chill until ready to serve.