St. Patty’s Day for Non-Drinkers
Posted On Mar 15, 2019
For those who want to enjoy St. Patrick’s Day without the alcohol, here are a few enjoyable festive things to do for non-drinkers.
Going green is a must! Here is a delightful green sherbet punch to sip on while all your friends are making out with dudes who have ‘kiss me’ pins on, which they’ll later regret.
2 (1/4 ounce) packages Kool-Aid lemon-lime powdered drink mix
1 (46 ounce) can pineapple juice, chilled
2 quarts cold water
2 (2 liter) bottles ginger ale, chilled
Lime sherbet for serving
- Add all ingredients (except the sherbet) to a large punch bowl (or split the recipe into two large pitchers). Stir to combine.
- You can add the sherbet directly to the punch bowl or to each individual glass when ready to serve.
You can visit the Cookie Rookie blog for full details.
Mix together to dissolve:
2 large packages (6 Oz each) of green Jell-O (or any flavor)
1 packet of unflavored gelatin
4 cups boiling water
1 quart vanilla ice cream
Stir until dissolved
Pour: into each martini glass
*Add lime twist or grape “olives” to each glass
*Refrigerate overnight, or place in your freezer until Jell-O is set
Lucky Charms Marshmallow Treats
This will be fun for when you get back home after safely driving your friends back to reality and their hangry faces need food. You’ll be the star leprechaun dishing out these HUGE bakery-style gooey marshmallow treats.
Yield: 24 treats
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
½ cup salted butter
8 cups miniature marshmallows
10 cups (11.5-ounce box) Lucky Charms cereal
- Grease a 9×13-inch pan; set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium-low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the Lucky Charms cereal.
- Turn the mixture into a prepared pan and press into an even layer. Allow to set at room temperature until firm, which should take 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Cut into squares and serve! Store leftovers at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Corn Beef Sliders
These St. Patty’s favorites will also be a huge hit… but you may need to make four hundred of them for the hoard of hangry drunk Leprechauns.
8 mini bakery-style potato rolls (about 2-inches wide), sliced for sandwiches
2 tablespoons country mustard
8 ounces thin (deli-style) sliced corned beef
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Divide corned beef equally into 8 mounds in a small oiled baking dish; top evenly with shredded cheese.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake for 15 minutes or until corned beef is warm and cheese is melted.
- Spread mustard evenly on rolls; top each with warm corned beef and cheese.
- Close sandwiches with top halves of rolls; serve warm.
Green Eggs & Ham
Now for the mecca of all St. Patrick’s Day musts… green eggs and ham. When you get up the next day for work and you’re feeling like a champ, but your besties are struggling – which you and the rest of the world anticipated – whip up this cutesy and quick breakfast. Then, grab one of their green-feathered, beer-doused boas, wrap it around you, hand over the delectable breakfast and say with vigor “Top of the mornin’ to ya!’ – which will really piss them off.
2 cups packed arugula
2 cups packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
3 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 to 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
8 large eggs
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Mustard-maple glazed ham
- Place arugula, parsley, basil, and cheese in the bowl of a food processor; with the machine running, slowly add olive oil until a smooth paste forms. Season with salt and pepper and set pesto aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs with 1/4 cup pesto, saving any remaining pesto for another use. Season egg mixture with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Using a heatproof rubber spatula, gently pull the eggs from the side of the skillet. As the eggs start to set, stir them gently until curds form. Serve immediately with ham.