Women Entrepreneurs, It’s Time To Celebrate
Posted On Apr 12, 2016
If you are a woman and an entrepreneur, New You is celebrating you today! You have accomplished so much, so we wanted to show you how you are contributing to society with many statistical fun facts you should share with the office.
“The 50 Fastest (women-owned companies) generated a combined $4.96 billion in 2015 revenues (mean of $99.2 million) and collectively employed 44,744 in 2015 (mean of 1,028).” – American Express
The Women Presidents’ Organization and American Express partnered up to release the ninth annual ranking of the 50 fastest growing companies owned by women. Oh, how women have come so far since the fight of women’s suffrage! Check out the Top 50 Fastest-Growing Women-Owned Companies for 2016 here.
The 2016 State of Women-Owned Businesses Report states that there are about 1,072 new businesses starting up each day. Here are some more quick fun facts that women entrepreneurs should be proud of:
• 9 million people are getting employed by the 11.3 million women-owned businesses in the USA.
• About 50% of all women-owned businesses are minority-owned.
• 1.9 million businesses are owned by African America women and about another 1.9 million businesses are owned by Latina women.
• Most of the businesses fall under categories such as home care, pet care, and nail salons.
• Since 2007, the #1 fastest-growing states for women-owned businesses are North Carolina and South Carolina.
If someone told you you’re not doing something right, these facts show otherwise. Share the name and website of a woman-owned company below. We want you to spread the word!