Break a Sweat with this Speedy Workout
Posted On Sep 06, 2016
We know that working out is a must for our health, but sometimes it is hard to find the time, whether at a gym or at home. Well, don’t sweat it because New You has you covered with a quick and effective workout from Amanda Butler, an instructor at The Fhitting Room in New York City (fhittingroom.com). Now there is no excuse when you are traveling or have a jam-packed day!
Warm Up: One minute of the following
- Jumping Jacks
- High Knees
- Lunge with Twist (alternating sides)
- Mountain Climbers
- Sit Ups
Complete three Rounds of the following. Try not to stop for rest in-between exercises. Allow one minute rest after completing each round.
L1= Level 1 L2= Level 2 (advanced)
- L1: 20 Air Squats- initiate with hips driving back and lower into a squat and return to standing position by driving through the heels and squeezing the glutes. L2: 20 Overhead Air Squats- same as before but hold weight overhead, perhaps a suitcase
- L1: 15 Pushups- these can be done on your feet or on your knees to maintain proper form. L2: 15 Decline Push Ups (feet up on the bed)
- 15 One Arm Suitcase Rows- bend at the waist, keep a flat back, step forward with your left foot, and place your left forearm across your left quad. Your upper body should be parallel to the ground. While keeping your back flat, hold the suitcase in your right hand, and pull the suitcase towards your ribcage using your back muscles. Complete all reps on one side, and then reverse leg / arm positions and complete all reps on the other side.
- 50 Bicycle Crunches- lie on your back and place your hands behind your head, extend legs straight out. Rotate the right elbow to the left knee and alternate arms and legs. (single count)
Cherry on Top: after you complete the three rounds, all out effort for one minute of burpees!
Stretch: five minutes (make sure to include quadriceps, hamstrings, shoulders)