Hail to the Kale
Posted On Jul 22, 2015
Kale. The leafy green has taken the world by storm. It seems to be popping up all over the place, from the most impressive restaurant menus to local juice presses to even Beyonce’s wardrobe choices. For those who think the health benefits of kale only come via a salad, we’ve rounded up a few recipes that incorporate the leaf in temptingly delicious ways. [divider]
1. Soup’s On! with this winning Kale and White Bean Soup recipe from Real Simple. Serve with a loaf of hot, crusty, fresh-from-the-oven bread for a perfect pairing.
2. This Braised Kale Frittata is the perfect option for a hearty brunch dish. Packed with kale and tomatoes, it’s filled with health benefits and doesn’t skimp on taste. What’s not to like about that?
3. Cooking Light offers up a different take on the quesadillas in the way of Butternut Squash, Kale and Black Bean Quesadillas. You can serve them with a little low-fat sour cream, but they’re tasty enough on their own.
4. Take your chicken from bland to bold with this recipe for Spicy Kale and Corn Stuffed Chicken Breasts. Switch it up with different cheeses if spicy isn’t your thing.
5. This simple yet delicious Whole Wheat Pasta with Kale and Fontina answers the ‘What’s for Dinner?’ question quickly and easily. If you’re looking to make it healthier, opt to make it without the bacon.
6. Looking for a side dish to bring to a party or to compliment your main entree? This Crispy Baked Kale with Gruyere Cheese hits the mark. Get your spoons ready to dig in for second helpings.