Healthy Ways To Detox Your Body
Posted On Jun 19, 2019
The word “detox” has come to have some negative connotations. Many people associate detoxification with fad diets and self-starvation. However, removing toxins from your body is key to achieving optimum health. There are many healthy ways to cleanse your body from the inside out without subsisting on a liquid fast.
Making a few simple lifestyle changes can help flush toxins out of your body regularly and stimulate your energy levels. Here’s a guide to the small steps you can take kick-start the detoxification process.
8 Ways to Detox Your Body
- Begin your day by drinking a tall glass of water with lemon. The acidity in the lemon juice will detox your liver and improve the overall function of your digestive system. Continue drinking water throughout the day, at least eight ounces, to further flush toxins out of your body.
- Exercise regularly. Rigorous exercise will cause you to sweat, which is one of the primary ways the body expels toxins. Exercise also improves the functionality of your body’s organs, including your kidneys and liver, which act to get rid of waste.
- Hit the sauna after a workout. Along with exercise, spending time sweating in the sauna also aids the detoxification process by excreting toxins from your body.
- Exfoliate your skin. By frequently exfoliating your skin, you will improve blood circulation and remove impurities from your pores.
- Limit your intake of sugar. Almost all detoxes include the limitation or complete removal of sugar from your diet. The excessive consumption of sugar leads to obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and other health problems.
- Eat a fiber-rich diet of whole grains and organic vegetables and fruit. Fiber works together with water in ramping up the detox process by pushing waste through your colon and out of your body.
- Drink lots of tea. Tea will keep your stomach full, and your body hydrated while also cleansing your liver and kidneys.
- Use a Netipot. Nasal irrigation can rid your nose of pollutants while boosting your immune system and improving your sense of smell.