No Trick, All Treat Guilt-Free Pumpkin Pie
Posted On Oct 07, 2016
It is virtually impossible to think of October and not think of pumpkin. Pumpkins are packed with real health AND beauty benefits, including lutein, beta-carotene, lycopene, and omega-3s… not to mention zinc and magnesium. So go ahead and indulge in your pumpkin cravings with this gluten-free and sugar-free pumpkin pie. All the October bliss with none of the guilt. Enjoy!
15 ounce can organic pumpkin puree
¾ cup skim milk
¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup stevia
2 egg whites, beaten
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
¾ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon cloves
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
16 ounces whipping cream
1-2 droppersful liquid vanilla stevia
½ cup toasted pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9” pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the pumpkin, milk, yogurt, and stevia.
- Add in next eight ingredients, from egg whites through vanilla extract.
- Pour the mixture into the pie plate, and bake for 40 minutes, or until the center sets. Cool to room temperature on a wire rack, then chill for a couple of hours before serving.
- In a large mixing bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add in vanilla stevia until well blended.
- Serve pie with dollop of whipped cream and 1-2 tablespoons of toasted pumpkin seeds.
- Serves 8.