5 Ways to Avoid the Traditional Date Night Trap
Posted On Feb 29, 2016
“What’s the game plan” or “what do you want to do?” is the common phrase that usually begins the back and forth verbal exchange of unlimited suggestions pertaining to date night. Finding alternative plans outside of dinner and a movie can seem like the last thing on your mind with everyday occurrences, such as family, work and social responsibilities. Date night is just as important and should be prioritized at the top of the list. It should also include something fresh, fun and exciting that both you and your partner can enjoy together.
If you’re in need of discovering exciting new ways to keep the spark flickering in your relationship, don’t worry because we’ve got you covered! Here are a few date night suggestions to spruce things up and help you avoid falling into the traditional dinner and movie date trap.
- Sharpen your culinary skills with a cooking challenge or class. After all, the way to a man’s or woman’s heart is through their stomach, at least, that’s how the old saying goes.
- Enroll in a spunky dance class, or go out for a night on the town and show off your killer dance moves.
- Become one with nature on many levels such as hiking, fishing, kayaking, yoga, bike riding, and roller skating just to name a few. Not only are you able to spend QT with your honey but you’re also keeping your body fit and fab in the process.
- Indulge in a wine taste testing date. It is fun, affordable and can lighten up the mood at any given moment. To kick it up a notch, add a few food pairings to the mix and learn how the right wine can enhance a delectable dish to perfection (Mmmmmm).
- A couple’s spa day retreat is the perfect gateway to achieving rest and relaxation for you and your boo. After a long work week or managing the stressors of the daily hustle and bustle, it’s a great way to spend special time together and rejuvenate your overall well-being. Just think of it as the couples cure 🙂
- As an added bonus, there’s also the idea of a dinner outing in the park, in the middle of the garden or in front of the fireplace. Ah, can’t you just feel the romance brewing in the air.