When Is The Right Time To Toss Out Your Makeup?
Posted On May 10, 2016
Am I the only one who wasn’t aware that all beauty products expire?
I mean, the random itch in my eyes lately should have given me a hint that it was probably time to put down my mascara, but if you’ve been living under a rock as I have, I’m here to shed some light.
Every woman’s beauty stash is a combination of products that you rarely use and products that we cut open to get every last bit out of. Trust me, I understand. Why should you get rid of a product that you spent half of your check on? But, if we’re mindful of what we put into our bodies; we should be twice as careful about what we place on them.
According to Paula’s Choice, “Using a product beyond its expiration date risks irritation, rashes, blemishes, and various skin or eye infections.”
Uh Oh. This can’t be good.
Unfortunately, beauty products aren’t required to have expiration dates stamped on their packaging like food. Therefore, it’s left all up to you to keep up with the date of purchase and the date you opened the product in order to know when it’s ran its course.
Here’s how long your favorite beauty products really last:
New You Beauty Facts
- If your products start smelling funky, or the texture has changed, it’s a sure sign to toss it out.
- If your mascara has dried out, don’t try to add liquid to restore it. It’s time for it to go.
- Tighten all caps on products after use
- Wash your hands before and after using any beauty product
- Store products in proper enclosed storage and avoid placing them in direct sunlight
Now excuse me while I discard of my entire makeup bag.