Antioxidants Against Aging Skin
Posted On Feb 27, 2014
New You Beauty Tip: Select skincare products rich in antioxidants to help prevent and treat signs of aging.
No woman wants to wear her biological age on her face, yet a lackluster skin care regime void of antioxidants can make aging skin impossible to hide. Luckily, a little strategy can go a long way in the pursuit of younger looking skin. With an abundance of anti-aging products on the shelves (with and without antioxidants), it is difficult to look past the marketing and pick out which will work the best. For this reason, it is essential to look for antioxidants in the ingredients when purchasing anti-aging products.
- Acai Oil: The acai berry is extremely high in antioxidants, which in turn will help smooth wrinkles and repair skin damage caused by the sun.
- Retinol: Composed of vitamin A, Retinol will reduce fine lines and wrinkles by increasing collagen production.
- Alpha-Lipoic Acid: Found in all of our cells, Alpha-Lipoic acid is one of many antioxidants that decreases free radical damage, which is a major contributing factor to aging of skin.
- Green Tea Extract: Green tea extract will not only fight free radicals, but it supports cellular health as well. Cellular damage can easily speed up the process of aging.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is full of antioxidants that encourages the growth of collagen and diminishes the appearance of scars, winkles, and fine lines.